Student Code of Conduct
CODE OF CONDUCT
By attending classes, rehearsals or private lessons at NAPA you agree to abide by our Code of Conduct. To be read in conjunction with NAPA’s Anti-Bullying Policy and our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
EVERY STUDENT HAS THE RIGHT TO FEEL SAFE, SECURE AND RESPECTED IN A POSITIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT WHILE AT NAPA
- Students, parents and visitors must treat others with kindness and respect and always be courteous to other students and staff.
- Everyone must behave and speak in a way that does not offend others e.g. using foul/abusive language, sexist/racist or homophobic behaviour or anti-social behaviour.
- We have a zero tolerance approach to all forms of bullying. Any form of bullying will be treated seriously and may lead to exclusion from the academy.
- Students can not be in a class unless they are enrolled at NAPA and booked into that class via our online system or booked into a free taster session.
- You must dress appropriately for the activity you are taking part in.
- Students must be on time, arrive ready to work and attend all lessons (unless absence is explained or agreed). Students must endeavour to try their best at all times and attend classes with a positive attitude.
- You must always treat all academy property with respect and only enter areas of the building which are for students.
- Do not use a mobile phone or internet capable device in class, changing rooms or toilet areas – they must be switched off.
- Do not take any food, drink or snacks into classrooms. (Bottled drinks are allowed but no energy drinks). Your own food must not be consumed in the café bar.
- Students must not distract/disrupt the education of others.
- You must dispose of litter responsibly by using bins and recycling points located around the academy.
- You must always behave in a professional manner and be a good example to younger students.
- Students must not wear tap shoes outside of studios for health and safety reasons.
- You must never enter the staff room, private offices, or use NAPA computer stations, photocopier or telephones without permission from a member of staff.
- Students should never attend NAPA under the influence of alcohol or drugs. To do so may result in permanent exclusion from the academy.